Tag

Monday, September 9, 2024

Happy 100th!


Happy 100th Birthday, Pres. Nelson!

After watching the program of birthday tributes and music to 
celebrate Pres. Nelson's 100th birthday, I was struck that when it was his turn to speak, he talked to us about God's Plan of Salvation.  On a day to celebrate his life, Pres. Nelson instead testified about God's plan.

I just loved that!

I have never met Pres. Nelson, but did have the privilege of 
being in the Stake Choir at our Stake Conference, where he presided.  
This was when he was part of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, 
before he was called to be the Prophet. 
 
To preface this choice experience, I know how to listen to the other voice parts in a choir and can tell if they are singing their parts correctly or not.  
As we were singing the concluding song, I noticed that there were 
some voices around me singing parts that were not written in the music! 
I wondered about it, but since these additional parts sounded good, 
I didn't worry about it too much and just enjoyed the big sound we made and the good spirit that I felt while we sang.  

After the closing prayer, I heard members of the choir asking each other, "Did you hear the angels singing with us?"

"Oh!  That's what that was!" I said.

It seems very fitting that angels were present with the future Prophet of God.
It was an experience that I will never forget
(Tom had an even more choice experience during the Priesthood session, so it was an exceptional day all around!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment